Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Sorry for posting about Halloween so late! I worked the night of Halloween, plus the night after, so this is my first opportunity to get the pictures up. For Halloween Nicolas chose to be a Fireman. Emma and I had the typical yearly argument about what she could be. Pick your chin up off the floor after looking at her picture and keep in mind this was the most benign costume of all the ones she chose. I know I am still a pushover of a mother and probably should have said no to this one too... but I ordered one size too big so it would be longer and not form fitting. :) To match Nicolas' Fireman, I was going to get Max a Policeman costume. But the one I found for him was $30! I was suddenly feeling really cheap... for about an hour of wear time... I just couldn't do it. So I looked in Nicolas' closet and found a turtle that fit Max. So Max was a recycled Turtle. :)
I made them all dress up the night before Halloween so I could take pictures. Emma snapped a few with her camera on Halloween night... but these pictures are from the night before. The evening of Halloween I got the boys dressed in their costumes again and waited for Johnny to get home so I could leave for work. He ended up getting home a little late, so I took Max and Nicolas to a couple neighboring houses. Max seemed to get the idea pretty quickly... hold out bag, get candy. He wanted to walk into all the houses too. So, after a couple houses, we went back home and Johnny arrived finally. I drove Emma to her friend's house so she could go Trick or Treating with her friends and I headed to work. Back at home, Johnny took Max and Nicolas to most of our immediate neighbourhood. After 4 or so streets, they were all beat. He came home and Nicolas helped Daddy give out candy. He seemed to enjoy that task. :) I am now really looking forward to Christmas... I can't wait to put up my decorations! :)





Max is giving my little ghost decoration a hug. :)


1 comment:

ShanaM said...

Very nice pictures. Marissa has eaten almost all of her candy already (with a little help from me)