Sunday, May 31, 2009

Slacker!

I haven't posted in almost a month! What a slacker!! I guess I update my status enough on Facebook to make me think you all know what's going on. But.. I am sad to say not all of you reading this are on FaceBook. Get with the times, people!! :) :)

Let me update everyone, one at a time

Max - Holy WORDS batman! This kid talks!! And talks. And talks. He's talking a year earlier than Nicolas talked. He says many new words everyday. He really started adding words to his vocabulary at 2 years. Now he's saying 2, 3, and even 4 word sentences. He'll hear a word today and start using it tomorrow. Some of his favorites: "No, ME!", "not sleepy", "wipe bum!", "Dada go?", "tanktank welcome" (thank you, you're welcome), "I like it!", and many more! He loves the pool, and after his second time in the pool this season, he is jumping off the edge and into the water (well, my arms). He climbs on everything. He climbs up the cabinets in my bathroom to sit on the counter and play in the sink. He pulls chairs up to the kitchen counters and stands on the counter to get things out of the cupboards. He wants to do everything himself. "No, me!!!" is what I hear all the time. He is 99% potty trained when he doesn't have anything on. And if he has training pants or a diaper on, he'll take them off to poop in the potty. Peeing in his diapers and training pants still happens a lot. But he will tell me when he has to pee (like when we're out) and I can keep him dry for several hours, as long as there are toilets close by. My goal was to have him potty trained by the time we go away in the summer. We're almost there! He still loves gymnastics, and is doing awesome. This should pave the way for karate. Oh, and suddenly today, I am no longer mama... but mommy. And Johnny is no longer dada... he's daddy. Just like that. Bitter sweet, I think.

Nicolas - Has 7 or 8 more days of school. I am torn about where to send him to school next year. He goes to a great Charter school right now... but an even better one is opening up. Decisions decisions.... Nicolas is a decided brown belt in Karate. His next belts (recommended red, decided red, recommended black) will be the toughest (next to black). I just found out there are oral exams as well for his next belts. He has to memorize a bunch of stuff... wow. We're going to work on a bunch of it over the summer while he's out of school. I have him starting gymnatics 3 days a week for the whole summer. I want him to gain balance and flexibility to help him with his karate. I think gymnastics will be key. He's goign to be a busy boy! Gymnastics Mon, Tues, and Wed. Karate Mon, Wed, Sat, and basketball is starting with practices Wed and Fri and games Saturday. I think he'll miss his Wed practices though. And he'll be pumping up the karate classes, probably adding the lower belt classes to help relearn and memorize the forms (which he needs to know for his black belt... he needs to know all 310 steps of the Songahm Star for his black belt. What else can I saw about Nicolas? He's going to have straight A's on his report card. :)

Emma - Has finished school! She'll be a senior in August when she returns to school! How scary!! She finished her school year with pretty good grades. I am proud. :) She's half heartedly looking for a job (well, half is generous). Oh well, why work when Mom hands over money whenever you need it? Her best friend drives her everywhere (and when she's not available, Mom is). I guess you're only young once. I am not in a hurry for her to grow up. :) She's a good kid, I can't complain. :)

Johnny - Same old same old. He's had some pain in his foot, and we thought maybe it's plantar fasciitis, but it's actually because his back is all funky. So he's seeing a chiropracter. Who would have thought?

Stephanee - What's new with me? Not much! I will tell a funny story though. It wasn't funny at the time, but I can laugh about it now. 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was out front with Nicolas and Max after I brought Nicolas home from school (he finishes at 10:30am). Nicolas was showing me something on the front porch, and I stepped back and landed my feet on Max... I tried to correct myself so I wouldn't step on him and tripped backwards... landing on my butt and continued falling backwards and SLAMMED my head against the house. Against stucco. Ouch. I hit my head so hard. I was in shock. I immediately felt for blood, and didn't see any (well, there was a bit from the stucco). My head immediately hurt. I told Nicolas and Max we needed to go inside NOW. I was afraid I was going to pass out and wanted to be inside. I called Johnny and he wasn't at his desk. Sent him a text to call me asap. I sat on the couch holding my head... not knowing how bad I had hurt myself. I tell ya, being a nurse does NOT help in cases like this. I didn't know if I needed to go to the hospital or what. Johnny called me back and I was crying and telling him I needed him to come home... I was alone with Nicolas and Max... and I thought I would pass out. I was in total panic mode, and made myself feel worse than I was. He told me to get ice for my head and sit on the couch and relax. He kept me on the phone, and told me to stop panicking. He told me my pulse was way up and to check it... so I did. And it was so SLOW!! I immediately thought it was slow because it was stopping and I was about to die!! I honestly thought I was going to die. I started crying and started feeling dizzy and was about to black out. That convinced him to come home. I felt drowsy and wanted to sleep. It was Friday, and I had to go to work that night, so when he got home I went for a nap. I woke up feeling drowsy still (not typically how I feel after my Friday nap) and finally decided to call in sick to work. I was afraid I would pass out or panic or worse and get into an accident. I have a 30 mile drive to work, so I didn't want to take a chance. Anyway, I am fine, and nothing ever came of it. But looking back I laugh now because of how scared I was. I really thought I was going to die. All I could think about was Natasha Richardson and how she hit her head skiing and died. Anyway...that's my story. :)

I guess I am really a slacker... I just looked for new pictures, and there aren't any!! I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them with Nicolas' poem. :)

No comments: