Sunday, October 26, 2008

FIRE!


Did that catch your attention? I hope so, because i have something important to say. Buy a fire extinguisher for your home. Buy more than one. You just never know when you're going to need one. That time for the Gambino Family came this morning just before 7am. Because we have a couple fire extinguishers and a central fire alarm (which rings throughout the entire house, no matter where the smoke/fire is) we are all safe, our house is still standing, and we escaped with minimal damage.
Something as simple as a battery charger could have burned down our house. Johnny was home with Nicolas and Max (Nicolas was downstairs playing on the Wii, Johnny and Max were asleep). I was at work, Emma was at her friend's house. The alarm went off at around 6:45am and Johnny came out of the bedroom and immediately saw smoke coming from our office. He found a small electrical fire, LOTS of smoke, and without hesitation grabbed the fire extinguisher that we have in the office and put the fire out. There is a small amount of damage to our carpet (approx 4x4inches) and we need a new battery charger. But that's it, thanks to our fire extinguisher and Johnny's quick thinking.
So once again, please please please buy a fire extinguisher (or 2 or 3) and know how to use it. The damage to our office would have been unthinkable if we didn't have that fire extinguisher.
And a special thank you to my awesome husband whose idea it was to purchase the fire extinguishers, and had the foresight to leave one in the office (and knew exactly where it was... I had forgot he put it where it was). Thanks sweetie! :)

2 comments:

Starring Brooklyn and Alexis said...

That's sooo crazy because I was thinking the other day that we really do need one....I never thought that we should have 2!!!! Glad to hear that you, your famiiy and your home is okay! Thanks for the reminder that I need to get on the ball and get one or two!!!

Becky said...

Wow! While we were busy giving report, your hubbie was busy saving your home and family. That is crazy. So glad he caught the fire when he did and everyone is o.k. Have fun at the fair and pumpkin patch!

Becky