Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sedona

The kids and I went to Sedona Tuesday and Wednesday. Johnny decided to stay home... not his thing. Too bad... we had fun. (Something in this sentence offended Johnny, so I deleted it per his request) Emma and I are already planning on our spring break getaway. :) And of course we're going to Disneyland after Christmas! I CANNOT wait! I haven't been to Disneyland since before we got married. It's been TOO long! Anyway... our trip to Sedona was nice. We drove up Tuesday and on our way we stopped off at Montzuma's Castle. It's an "apartment" in a cliff wall. Amazing. It's unreal what these people built a thousand years ago.



After that we continued north to Montezuma's Well. Beautiful and breathtaking scenery. The kids played in the water. We just hung out there for a while enjoying the peace and quiet. The farmers of many years back used the water to irrigate their crops. We saw lots of interesting critters... tons of lizards, a black grasshopper with red wings which I have never seen before, and a huge stick bug. Last time we were there we saw a big iquana. I just love seeing wildlife. I saw my first wild mountain lion too while on this trip. Unfortunately, it was roadkill. :( After Montezuma's Well, we headed up to Sedona to eat and find our hotel. It was about an hour before sunset by the time we got to the hotel, so we just relaxed, watched TV, and went to sleep early.





















Wednesday morning we got up early and headed to the free continental breakfast (the reason I chose this hotel!). We ate and came back to our room to shower, pack up, and check out. Then we headed over to the Sedona Trolley Tours. We did both tours... one is of the city and the other is more a scenic tour. We enjoyed both, and I learned of a lot of things to do and see in Sedona I never knew about. It was hard making sure both Emma and Nicolas were entertained for this trip. Each have their own interests. Max, of course, just needed to be able to run around and stay active. He was pretty good on the bus tours (2 tours, each one 55 minutes long) because there were stops were we got off the bus for photo ops. The only thing we didn't do that Emma asked for was to visit a psychics. Not my thing. I told her if her Grandmother ever visits us again, we can go there and she and Grandma can spend a whole day visiting psychics and their crystal balls. Grandpa, the boys, and I will find other things to do. :)



























See Snoopy?

















Last, but not least, there was a church as one of our stops on the city trolley tour. It's called The Chapel of The Holy Cross. It's the shape of a cross, and it's built in the hill there. Pretty cool. I just saw a picture on the Wikepedia website that reminded me of a picture I took.... Max is playing in that fountain. There are more flowers in the web picture though. :)

No comments: