Friday, July 3, 2009

Horny Toad!

I got cancelled tonight from work, so I have time to make a post. We're having a great and busy summer so far! Nicolas is going to gymnastics 3 times a week, Karate 3 times a week, and he's in basketball. Max tags along for all Nicolas' activities, plus he has his own gymnastics class as well. Busy busy busy!! And we're going away for 2.5 weeks.... leaving in about a week and a half! This summer is flying!

The picture to the left is a little (but NOISY) Colorado River Toad in my back yard. We heard a strange noise in the backyard during tonight's Monsoon/summer desert storm... thought it was a cat stuck out in the rain. Upon closer inspection, we found this little guy. He's still out there making a ton of noise... I can hear him from my computer room, which in on the side of the house and he's in the backyard. I went out later to take some pics, and found him in our pool. I took some pics and video and moved him to the yard. I suspect he'll make it back to the pool. Here's some video I shot... see for yourself how noisy he is!!

(Update - an hour and a half later... I just went out and took him out of the pool again... in the pouring rain!)

No comments: