I love green!! Especially on St Patrick's Day! It truly warmed my heart today whenever I saw someone dressed in green. I hope you all celebrated St Patrick's Day by wearing green! In case you don't remember... it was Nicolas' birthday today. He had school, but he only goes from 7:30am to 10:30am. So that left a good portion of the day for FUN!! I had a busy morning... took him to school, came home and wrapped his gifts... then took Max to his gymnastics class, then went to the store to get Nicolas a little cupcake "cake" and some balloons (and green carnations). Then came home and took a shower and googled directions to his surprise (well, not really a surprise... he chose what he wanted to do) and then ran (late) to pick him up from school. Phew!
So then it was off to the Phoenix Children's Museum. Wow. It was 3 levels, and probably 2.5-3 times as big as the Tucson Children's Museum. And it was CROWDED! I was really surprised it was so busy. Half way through I realized that the kids up in Phoenix have spring break this week (Nicolas' was last week). But it was really fun. Nicolas and Max had a blast. The only thing that wasn't great was there wasn't anywhere to eat (well, I finally found a little place that sold snacks.... $2 for pudding, $2 for water, $1 for a cheese stick... yikes!). So next time I will pack water and snacks! And eat before we leave!
The boys both fell asleep on the way home. Nicolas was very excited to open his gifts, but knew he had to wait until Daddy got home. Just to give you an example of how much this little boy is a Daddy's Boy... several times a week Nicolas will say "When is Daddy getting home? I miss him so much!" Awwwww! So of course I heard this today. :)
We got home around 4:30 and Nicolas did his homework. Johnny surprised us all by getting home half an hour early. So Nicolas then opened his gifts... except his big one (which wasn't wrapped) and after opening all the others, he was happy and content and said he received everything he wanted! Then we showed him the big box! It had just arrived via UPS this afternoon... it was in a HUGE box... when he opened it it was a little smaller thank goodness. But he was thrilled!! See the pictures to see what he got. :)
So then it was off to the Phoenix Children's Museum. Wow. It was 3 levels, and probably 2.5-3 times as big as the Tucson Children's Museum. And it was CROWDED! I was really surprised it was so busy. Half way through I realized that the kids up in Phoenix have spring break this week (Nicolas' was last week). But it was really fun. Nicolas and Max had a blast. The only thing that wasn't great was there wasn't anywhere to eat (well, I finally found a little place that sold snacks.... $2 for pudding, $2 for water, $1 for a cheese stick... yikes!). So next time I will pack water and snacks! And eat before we leave!
The boys both fell asleep on the way home. Nicolas was very excited to open his gifts, but knew he had to wait until Daddy got home. Just to give you an example of how much this little boy is a Daddy's Boy... several times a week Nicolas will say "When is Daddy getting home? I miss him so much!" Awwwww! So of course I heard this today. :)
We got home around 4:30 and Nicolas did his homework. Johnny surprised us all by getting home half an hour early. So Nicolas then opened his gifts... except his big one (which wasn't wrapped) and after opening all the others, he was happy and content and said he received everything he wanted! Then we showed him the big box! It had just arrived via UPS this afternoon... it was in a HUGE box... when he opened it it was a little smaller thank goodness. But he was thrilled!! See the pictures to see what he got. :)
Then we went out to dinner. Nicolas got to choose, and chose Teakwoods. It's our favorite restaurant. We were surprised with Scottish Bagpipers!! About 6-8 men in kilts playing bagpipes! It was awesome!! Max freaked out (he has a phobia against anyone in a costume). As long as he was right next to me, holding my hand, he was content. I happened to have my camera, so I took some pictures, but it was too dark and they really didn't turn out well. I included one below.
I almost forgot... when Nicolas was one or two years old, my SIL and BIL gave me a hockey jersey that has the number 17 and the last name is MARCH. It's actually a Guinness jersey (my BIL used to work for them) and it's black and green. So I wear it every year on Nicolas' birthday. I usually can't wear it all day because it's too warm (it was 90 degrees today) so I wore it in the morning. And I took a picture of it with Nicolas tonight. :)
And the white party hat with the clover... I got that for Nicolas' first birthday. I get him to wear it every year for his birthday. He's a good sport. Let's see how much longer I can get away with it! LOL :)
And now for the pictures!
I almost forgot... when Nicolas was one or two years old, my SIL and BIL gave me a hockey jersey that has the number 17 and the last name is MARCH. It's actually a Guinness jersey (my BIL used to work for them) and it's black and green. So I wear it every year on Nicolas' birthday. I usually can't wear it all day because it's too warm (it was 90 degrees today) so I wore it in the morning. And I took a picture of it with Nicolas tonight. :)
And the white party hat with the clover... I got that for Nicolas' first birthday. I get him to wear it every year for his birthday. He's a good sport. Let's see how much longer I can get away with it! LOL :)
And now for the pictures!
3 comments:
HOW AWESOME! Happy Birthday, little dude!!!
It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!
(Would you recommed the Phx Children's Museum for Daegan or would you recommend I wait until he is a little older?)
Daegen is pretty active, so I think he would really like it. Max had a lot of fun... but different than the fun Nicolas had. They have areas for the little ones as well. Let me know if you want to go one day. :)
Oooooh! I will!! :) I bet the kids would have a BLAST!!! :)
Post a Comment