Last week when I was at Nicolas' flag football practice, Max was playing behind me by a fence (to the adjoining baseball field). He was watching for airplanes and watching the girls practice baseball. Next thing I know he is complaining/crying. I look back and see he is stomping his feet. I go over to him and immediately see his feet are covered with fire ants! Poor baby! I whipped his sandals off his feet and brushed them all off. I got bit twice on my hand and boy do they itch! He has at least 20 bites on each foot! They started out as little welts (like tiny mosquito bites) and the next day were red marks. Anyway... several minutes after it happened, he was fine and playing again. But then he started pulling on his shirt. Sure enough there was one on his side and it bit him three times! What awful creatures! I was told if they become a problem around my house (which they aren't) to sprinkle grits to get rid of them (apparently they eat the grits and drink water and then explode). I haven't looked that up yet to see if it's true, so don't hold me to that if it's an old wive's tale. :) OK, so it was bugging me and I looked it up. It's not true. :) Oh well. I guess that's why I pay for an exterminator.
Have a mentioned that Max likes to climb? He was climbing on the back of the couch in the loft to get to the bar table. He would casually sit up on the bar table like it wasn't 4 feet high. No wonder I have to color my hair now. He got mad at me when I moved the table out of reach. So now he climbs up the chairs in the kitchen and formal dining room (the "Christmas Table", as Nicolas calls it) and sits on those tables. He can climb up on my bed. He climbs up on Nicolas' desk in his room and takes the top off the frog tank and plays in the frog's water. Good grief. Here's a pic of him climbing on Nicolas' work bench. 
No comments:
Post a Comment