Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Concert

I was so happy when Nicolas came home singing Christmas songs that he learned at school. I remember learning Christmas songs as a kid in school... back when you were allowed to say "Merry Christmas" without offending people. Personally, I am offended when people say "Happy Holidays" to me. Christmas is my favourite holiday EVER and I don't appreciate it being generalized. Anyway... I digress... I am here to talk about Nicolas' Christmas Concert at school. And they called it a "Christmas Concert". I was thrilled. Maybe because it's a charter school? I don't know. But it made me happy. All the kindergarteners sang Feliz Navidad and Must Be Santa Claus. Then he also sang White Christmas and We Wish You a Merry Christmas with the entire school. It was very unorganized, but it was really fun to see him up there. I got a few pictures, but they came out really dark because I was far away. I snuck up closer and got some better ones... but they're still dark as well. And there was a tall kid right in front of him as well, so that didn't help. But he's the one with the Santa Hat in the middle of the two other kids with Santa Hats.
And here he is with his future wife Ashlyn. :) They've known each other for 2 years or so and they're in the same class. They were in playgroup together... and her mom's a NICU nurse as well (and her dad's an ER RN). One big happy family. :)

1 comment:

ShanaM said...

Hey
You know, I hear that a lot. The "don't say Merry Christmas" thing but I have never encountered it. I have never worked anywhere that told me I couldn't say Merry Christmas. And all the schools Marissa has been in has had a CHRISTMAS concert where not only have they sung Santa songs but even Jesus songs, with the odd "I had a Little greidel" thrown in.
Marissa's concert this year was great. They played and sang everything from 'Away in the Manger,' and 'Born to Wear a Crown' to 'Christmas Concerto' and 'Up on the Housetop'
Maybe it has something to do with where we live!!
Anyway: MERRY CHRISTMAS, Stephanee!!