Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread House!

Every year I see those kits to make a gingerbread house. And every year I tell myself they're a rip off... i can make one myself for far cheaper. So last year I bought all the ingredients, candy, powder sugar, etc and made a gingerbread house. It turned out awful, was a lot of work, and cost me about $50 after all the candy I had to buy. So this year I gladly paid $10 for a gingerbread house kit. Or rather a train. Nicolas and I (and Max) made it last week. It was fun, and Nicolas had enjoyed it. And it turned out cute. :)
First we had to kneed the icing


Then put all the gingerbread pieces together


Next came decorating


And Voila!!


Cute, isn't it!!

And now to humiliate myself... here is last year's catastrophe. The roof wouldn't stay up, and eventually slid off and smashed. Hence the flat roof.

1 comment:

ShanaM said...

The train looks good but I kind of like the poor little house!!!