Sunday, December 7, 2008

Making of "The Card"

So, the yearly ritual of getting the kids to put on Santa Hats, sit in front of the tree, and let me take their pictures, occurred this past weekend. Last year it looked something like this....

A group shot did NOT happen. Max was 10 months old and reasoning with him... crying with him... would not make him sit with his brother and sister, with his hat on... so the card was made of three individual shots. I was more than prepared for that again this year. But surprise!! Max LOVES wearing the Santa Hat this year!! So much so that it's hard to get it off of him. He insisted wearing it to bed the other night....


He looked so darn cute lying there sound asleep with is Santa Hat on! I couldn't resist snapping a few shots. :)

So anyway... last week I did a photo shoot... got them in front of the tree, all wearing their hats... all smiling... and I GOT IT! I got a picture I can use for our Christmas card this year! I ran them up to my computer and checked them all out... and that's when I saw it.... It's funny how the orange ring of pizza around your mouth doesn't show up when you're looking at a certain little 5 year old boy... but it sure shows up on film!


Max was NOT happy! He knew another photo shoot was being scheduled.


So we went with "take 2" on Friday night. I actually got cancelled at work, so it gave me an opportunity to take more pictures. I put the boys back in their Gimmies (jammies from Gymboree), begged Emma to consider a red shirt rather than a black shirt... gathered them back in front of the tree... and started snapping.

No pizza face!


Max needed some props...

And our final picture....


Turned out something like this. To see *the* picture... you'll have to wait until it hits your mailbox. :) If you're not family, or don't think I have your address, please email it to me and I will send you a card too. :)

1 comment:

ShanaM said...

Nice pizza ring!
Really great picture!!