These pictures show him before the ceremony in his green belt... then during the ceremony where they take off the old belt and put on the new belt. He is very proud of his new belt! I can't believe how much he has improved this past (almost) year. His kicks are higher and stronger. His balance is improving. Overall I think Karate is an incredible sport for kids to be in. It teaches respect (both for himself and "his juniors and seniors"), memorization, self defense... it's a very valuable learning experience.
Here he is with his friend Kayleigh. They have been friends since they were 2 years old, and started Karate together. They were in the same playgroup since they were 2 years old... now they are both in kindergarten (but different schools) and they still adore each other. :)
And nothing to do with Purple... Santa was visiting our local Frys (grocery store) and they were taking free pictures. I brouhgt my camera too and shot a quick pic. Max would have no part of it, so Nicolas sat with Santa alone. :)
And last but not least... a little cameo from the littlest Gambino. He is so cute right now with the Christmas lights. Everytime he sees them, he yells "Mama!!!" and shows them to me... like he has never seen them before in his life. And then repeats it again the next day. Did you ever see Groundhog Day? :) He also loves pressing the buttons on the Christmas stuff that makes noise. There is a Frosty the Snowman that sings Frosty, and swings around a string of snowflakes and his hat.... Max loves it. Everytime he goes downstairs, he makes a bee line for Frosty. :)
2 comments:
Yay to Nicolas!!
And I still think he looks so much like you!!
Yeah, Yesterday, I had to walk to the store to buy a shovel: NONE left. Walk to the next store! I needed the shovel to dig out the car. We are supposed to be getting another storm tonight. So I guess, we are doing the last of our shopping today (more diet Coke!!)
And I do like watching the snow fall too. Looks really nice until it turns yellow and slushy!!
(I could mail you a small sample!! just for remembrance!!)
Post a Comment