Monday, January 19, 2009

It's just a haircut for Pete's Sake! Take 2

So, I posted this topic before... and I could probably just use the same pictures because they look exactly the same.. but what the heck? Here we go again.
For a kid who is so active, Max sure is shy. His stranger anxiety is awful... but SO MUCH BETTER than it was from 9-20 months. OMG is was awful. He's actually a little more outgoing now, and waves at people (from afar) and smiles at people who smile at him. He still takes a long time to warm up to people, espcially when we're away from home. But finally people (a select few) can see what a sweet, fun little boy he is.

Well... not if you're a hair dresser. We tried to get his hair cut before Christmas (I think it may have actually been Thanksgiving) at our local budget clips. They were really busy, and when they called his name we approached the front. The hair dresser PICKED UP MAX! It was all over from there. He instantly started screaming and would not calm down. I tried everything. The hairdresser was freaking out and kept saying HE NEEDS TO KEEP STILL!! Yeah right. She told me "I am not going to risk my license.... blah blah blah". Now... no offense to hairdressers... but my professional license saves lives. So I just rolled my eyes. And I told her to find someone else who could cut his hair (she wouldn't even start). So we got another hairdresser who trimmes the circumference of his hair, and she said she couldn't do any more. I tipped her well and we got the hell out of there. So, he hasn't had a good haircut in a LONG time. Probably since that last post I made with the same name as this one.

So, I took Max to Snippets (kid place for hair cuts) and they are GOOD! He screamed. He cried. He begged for me to save him. But she cut his hair. And he looks like a boy again!! Here's the pics - before - during - after. Enjoy. :)


Feel sorry for him?







Can you see the tears running down his face?

All done, but still not happy. I actually felt really bad for him by the end because he truly seemed traumatized. No amount of talking and cuddling and holding his hand (he's a big hand holder for comfort) would work.


But he decided he now wanted that lollipop we tried to bribe him with (that he rejected).

And just to show you that he did recover, and is once again a happy little boy.
You can almost hear him say CHEESE!

2 comments:

pretendsupermom said...

don't hate me but I busted a gut over photo #3. :D

and, um, how is it possible that that's Max -- he looks so much older than a newborn. He WAS just a newborn, wasn't he!?!?!? Crazy, I can't believe how grown up (and like his brother) that he looks!

Stephanee said...

LOL! I agree... he was pathetic! :)

Max will be 2 in a couple weeks. :( Where did my baby go??