I am finally getting around to posting about our trip to Los Angeles after Christmas. We were there from Dec 27-Jan 1st. For those of you that don't know, Emma and I lived there from 1996-2005. Johnny lived there from 12th grade to 2005. We moved to AZ to buy a house because the prices in LA were overpriced (of course, had we bought then, we would have made a small fortune. As they say, hind sight is 20/20). Anyway, Johnny's parents and 2 sisters still live in LA, so we went to visit them.
We arrived Saturday late evening and stayed at his Dad's house. We stopped off at a little museum on the way there... General Patton museum I think. It has a bunch of tanks and army stuff. Nicolas loves tanks. :) The next day everyone came over and we did our gift exchange with the kids and a White Elephant with the adults. I took a TON of pictures. Something like 600 pictures total for the 5 days we were there!!
The next day (Monday) we went to Walmart so I could get some after Christmas clearance sales on Christmas stuff. Then we headed to a park near my MIL's house for a few hours. Everyone was there and the kids had a blast. (Lots of kids... we have 5 nieces and nephews in CA). Plus my very good friend Suzan showed up and I saw here daughter for the first time. :) After the park we went to my SIL Julie's house and had dinner and hung out.
Tuesday we went to Disneyland!! I hadn't been in about 9 or 10 years! How sad! It is so expensive now. It's a shame, because it's so much fun! But the price sure didn't stop the hoards of people that were there. Lines were long, but hey, it's the happiest place on earth. So how can you do anything but smile? Haha!
Wednesday was New Year's Eve. I did laundry, bathed kids, and headed to my MIL and SIL's house (they bought a house together). We had lunch, checked out the new house, and left once Johnny's allergies started acting up (he's highly allergic to dogs, and they have a pug). After that I dropped Johnny at his friend's house and he had a visit with his good friend Steve. I took the kids back to FIL's house and we got ready for our evening. Once Johnny got back, we headed back to SIL Julie's house for a NEw Year's party. Lots of yummy food! I think all the kids stayed up to ring in the New Year too!! Well, little Noah (who is 2 months) fell asleep... but Max, Vince, and Lucy (24, 22, and 20 months respectively) all stayed up, as did Lacie (3.5 yr), Nicolas (5.5 yrs), Chase (10 yrs), and of course Emma. The kids (mine at least) crashed as soon as we got in the car).
Thursday we slept as late as the kids would let us. Then showered and packed. Then headed over to Julie's house again for a couple hours to hang out one last time. Cathy came over too. I really miss hanging out with my SIL's... especially now since there are so many cousins! It's depressing that my kids don't get to hang out with their cousins. One day my work schedule will be more "vacation" friendly. :) We left around 4:30 or so to head back to Phoenix and arrived home at 1:30am.
Everyone seemed to be sick while we were in LA. I felt lousy Friday, and of course had to go to work Friday and Saturday nights. I made it through my weekend and felt better by Monday. Nicolas was actually a little sick before we left, and ended up with Pink Eye on Saturday. He missed his first two days back at school. By Monday, Johnny was sick. And so was Emma. Johnny got Pink Eye as well.... and today is still sick as a dog. He missed 4 days of work last week... and today I took him to the Urgent Care in our town, only to find they don't take our insurance. Grumble grumble. I worked last night, and wasn't in the mood to drive up to town and wait in the ER, so we went back home and I suggested he call his family doctor and talk to the on call doc to get a 'script for his conjuctivitis. He called, but the doc wouldn't call in some meds. More grumbling. So he'll need to make an appointment and go tomorrow. His eyes are still infected... I can't see how his co-workers will be thrilled to see him!
Everyone seemed to be sick while we were in LA. I felt lousy Friday, and of course had to go to work Friday and Saturday nights. I made it through my weekend and felt better by Monday. Nicolas was actually a little sick before we left, and ended up with Pink Eye on Saturday. He missed his first two days back at school. By Monday, Johnny was sick. And so was Emma. Johnny got Pink Eye as well.... and today is still sick as a dog. He missed 4 days of work last week... and today I took him to the Urgent Care in our town, only to find they don't take our insurance. Grumble grumble. I worked last night, and wasn't in the mood to drive up to town and wait in the ER, so we went back home and I suggested he call his family doctor and talk to the on call doc to get a 'script for his conjuctivitis. He called, but the doc wouldn't call in some meds. More grumbling. So he'll need to make an appointment and go tomorrow. His eyes are still infected... I can't see how his co-workers will be thrilled to see him!
Anyway, that's what's been going on around here. And now, the part you've been waiting for (and for those of you that actually read everything and didn't just skip to this part - Thank you!!!)... the PICTURES!!!
BIL Jimmy with Lacie
Max and Vince (brother to Chase and Lacie - his parents are my BIL and SIL Jimmy and Julie)
Emma holding Noah (his parents are SIL and BIL Cathy and Nathan and he has a big sister Lucy))
1 comment:
How funny that you were in LA while I was in AZ!!! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!
Post a Comment