Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cold enough for ya?

As most you know, I am from Canada. When I lived in Canada (for the first 28 yrs of my life), I could not even imagine how warm it might be in other parts of the world when we were freezing our asses off in the dead of winter. How could it be -40 out and someone within a few hours flight of me was wearing shorts? I couldn't picture it.

Well... look at me now. I am in th eopposite situation. It's in the 80's here and I cannot picture how cold it is for a lot of you reading this. I mean I hear you all the time tell me how cold it is (hi mom and dad!), but I just don't remember that kind of cold. Poor me, huh?

Well... I wanted to share with you a picture of my kids playing yesterday sans winter parkas, mitts, hats, scarves, and boots.
They're actually not even wearing any clothes.
I am so mean.

4 comments:

ShanaM said...

Rub in in, why don't you!???

Stephanee said...

LOL! Well, at least you can understand where i am coming from since you went from Canada to Florida (to a few other places) and then back to Canada. So... is it cold enough for ya? :) :)

ShanaM said...

I think the way your name is spelled is cool. Even my sister knows you as Stephanee with the 2 Es.
Yeah, people have always pronounced my name wrong! Shan-ah. Even when I tell them. Oh well.
It is only 2C today. And suppose to be back down to -18C by tonight with wind chill of -25C.
I though Christmas in Florida was kind of weird. Christmas trees in hot weather.

Stephanee said...

You get used to it after a while. I have been in a warm climate for over 12 years now, so it doesn't seem weird anymore. But my fondest childhood memories involve a snowy Christmas. :)